top of page

It’s not unusual for ex-spouses to want to change a prior decree respecting issues of custody and support. A party seeking to modify their decree must show a substantial and continuing change of circumstances. Those circumstances may include dramatic changes in income, relocation to another state, or problems relating to the proper care of his minor children.


Parents can petition for child support modification to accommodate changes in certain circumstances. There are a number of factors that can serve as the basis for a petition to modify a child support obligation, such as:


  • The age of the child(ren),

  • Changes in residential schedule,

  • A child wishing to attend college after high school, or

  • Changes in the income of one or both parties


Brian takes pride in helping people through difficult times. They help a wide range of clients from those going through an uncontested divorce with few issues to families with sensitive custody issues.


To speak to Brian directly, email him directly at to schedule your initial consultation.

Divorce attorney
bottom of page